Excellence and Innovation Award
The CSU's Edward M. McAleer Jr. Excellence and Innovation Award honors an individual within the CSU who has demonstrated the ability to repeatedly innovate in ways that have led to increasing excellence in CSU Extended University (campus extended learning) by developing new models and options for programs, partnerships, service excellence, collaboration within and across campus lines, community engagement, and more. The ideal candidate will be one who consistently sees new possibilities and is able to implement innovations successfully and with consistently high standards for excellence. This award is named after Edward M. McAleer Jr., who served as statewide dean of the CSU Extended University for 15 years. Ed was recognized widely for his unfailing support of the innovative efforts of colleagues and his commitment to excellence.
The Edward M. McAleer Jr. Excellence and Innovation Award consists of a letter of recognition from the chair of the CSU Commission on the Extended University, $1,000 recognition honorarium, recognition on the Commission's website, and a personalized plaque of recognition. We also encourage the home campus of the recipient of the Edward M. McAleer Jr. Excellence and Innovation Award to recognize this significant achievement. Only one Edward M. McAleer Jr. Excellence and Innovation Award can be awarded in any given year, but it may not be awarded in years in which no nominee fully meets the standards and criteria of the award.
MCALEER AWARD NOMINATIONS DUE FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2016
If you have any questions, please contact Commission Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 562-951-4372.
2016 Edward M. McAleer Jr. Excellence and Innovation Award - A Call for Letters of Nomination.
McAleer Award Recipients
- 2015: Jeet Joshee, Associate Vice President for International Education/Dean, College of Continuing and Professional Education, CSU Long Beach
- 2014: No Award
- 2013: Marge Gordon, Dean, Extended Learning, California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 2012: Ching-Hua Wang, Professor of Immunology and Microbiology, California State University, Channel Islands
- 2011: Alice Tom, Dean, College of Continuing Education, California State University, Sacramento
- 2010: Harold Hellenbrand, Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, California State University, Northridge
- 2009: Gail Whitaker, Dean and Associate Vice President, College of Extended Learning, San Francisco State University
- 2008: Edward M. McAleer, Jr., State University Dean, Extended Education, CSU Chancellor's Office